- Which media is preferred today?
- What are the best photo dimensions this week?
- How long can my video run on each platform?
- Is a square or landscape aspect ratio best?
- Which content format is the latest algorithm promoting?
It can all seem like too much when you’re trying to get your message out there.
Constant change makes it hard to be enthusiastic about developing content. What worked yesterday doesn’t work today. But you must generate quality content to reach your audience. To get your audience to take action.
It’s unnerving to put together a plan when access to your audience shifts with such frequency.
What’s the solution for generating the clicks you need for sales? You increase sales on social through community building.
The key to building community is creating value.
The question I hear most often from my clients is, “Why aren’t you promoting me more?”
My answer, “People don’t want to connect with your products on social media. They want to connect with people, communities, and ideas that make their lives better.”
The question all brands need to answer when they promote on social is, “What makes people feel they are getting value from our brand?”
The fastest way to answer this question?
Listen First. Always.
Social listening solves most content development problems. Paying attention to what people are saying on your channels, and on your competitor’s channels, gives you all the insights you need.
- Locate people interested in topics related to your audience
- Understand what’s working for your competitors
- Design your content for increased amplification
- Locate communities where your audience already hangs out
Once you spend time truly listening, you’ll answer the most important question for social media success:
“What do people value?”
Once you know the answer, use your energies to create content people find valuable enough to like, comment, and share.
As content engagement grows, so does your authority. As your authority grows, people begin to see you as someone they want to buy from. You make people care about your brand by caring about what they care about.