Social Media: Easy to Post, Hard to Attract
You have to work hard to catch people’s eyes these days. As competition for attention in your market grows, so does the demand for quality content. The problem is that quality content takes precious resources – the resources of time, money, and talent.
You’ve Got Lots to Say But Few Resources to Say It Well
High value content requires a giant budget. It’s pretty impossible for any organization to produce quality at the quantity and speed social media requires. When you publish many times a day, it’s even more impossible.
Your Solution: Strategic Content Curation
Mindful curation solves many social media management problems.
- Don’t know what to post from others? Determine Your Big 5 for your brand, then share content that reinforces your brand values.
- Don’t have the time to search? Set up social listening feeds & check them 10 minutes here and there throughout your day.
- Not sure if it’s worth it? Begin with free social listening and scheduling tools.
- Don’t know what people will respond to? Track behaviors, keywords, promises, and popular hashtags in your market.
- Don’t have an audience? When you share other’s content, tag the source AND comment on their popular posts to help others find you.
How to Manage Your Curation Workflow
- Make social listening a routine. Do it daily.
- Listen for trending topics that are ALSO ON BRAND for you.
- Share other’s content – add a statement to reinforce your brand values and brand authority.
- Search for images that reinforce your brand values and authority.
- Add a link to your own offering when it’s relevant to the content you’re sharing.
- Identify the topics with the highest amplification. Invest in creating your branded, high quality content based on those results.
Trust me when I say strategic content curation works. I’ve employed this strategy for over a year. My clients have seen higher numbers in shares, comments, and click-throughs as a result.
Content curation is the right tool when you want to work smart, not work hard.