Dawn’s quick and dirty guide to getting yourself out there.
Here are the guidelines I’ve come up with for my clients who want to add video to their thought leadership strategy.
- Here’s the accepted best practice/belief
- Why that best practice/belief isn’t actually best
- What you recommend as the actual best practice/belief
- The superior outcome if you follow my recommendation
- a phone tripod with a remote
- a quality microphone for your phone. I haven’t tried this one, but it was recommended to me by a professional videographer for use with iPhones.
Format and upload for highest engagement. How to prep and distribute your videos—
- Set up your YouTube account and upload there. YouTube is a major search engine.
- Use video captions. Platforms like LinkedIn automatically play videos on silent, plus it’s good for accessibility and inclusion.
- Upload videos directly to your other social media platforms. Native video reaches more people than YouTube uploads on other platforms.
Okay, that’s the quick and dirty of it. Get started, keep practicing, and watch your reputation grow and strenghten.